Rory McGuire talk on how bad he feel by his facial birthmark




              A courageous 22-year-old has spoken out over the years of sick bullying he has faced as a result of a facial birthamrk.

            Rory McGuire has a 'venous malformation' on his upper lip and has had to undergo 15 operations in just five years.

              Now he wants to highlight the endless abuse he has endured to help stamp out prejudice.He admitted that he thought dying on the operating table would end his anguish, reports Daily Record .He said: “People stare at me, make comments about me, point me out to their friends and laugh.




            “People call me names, people are wary of me and some people find my appearance frightening.I have had around 15 operations to reduce the size of the birthmark and I need an indefinite amount more before I will feel comfortable enough to do certain things.

         “When I found out about the first operation, I was happy but I also thought that if I died during it, all of the mental pain I’ve had to endure would be over.
“Thankfully I no longer think this way – I just want to be happy.”
Rory, from Ayr, shared his story on Face book to let know others what he has to go through.
He said: “The support has been amazing. I have received messages from America, Mexico, Australia and all over the country.”

Rory hopes that by making people understand how he feels, he can change attitudes.
He said: “On the morning of my 21st, I spent two hours crying because it is seen as a milestone that is normally celebrated in a big way but instead I was upset I was still having to go through prejudice due to looking a little bit different.

“All that I ask is that the next time you see someone who looks a little different than what you are used to, don’t stare at them, ignore them or treat them differently – give them a chance and you might just find a friend for life."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anatolia Vertadella, a 101-year-old Italian woman, has given birth through ovary transplant

Dario DiCarlo, A Grandfather @ 80, shared story of how rat’s has terrorize his home

USE DIAMOND BANK MOBILE APP - TODAY